DuraSil is a neutral cure silicone construction sealant used for a wide range of applications. It has outstanding weather resistance and durability in dry, cold, or wet conditions. DuraSil is stable to temperatures up to 400°F (204°C). DuraSil bonds well to Kynar 500 PVDF coated metal, copper, glass block, and other building materials. DuraSil may be used to seal windows, doors, curtain walls, marine, and transportation applications.
Bonding surfaces should be clean, dry and free from all contamination that may inhibit the sealant’s performance. Isoproply alcohol is an effective cleaner for surface preparation. Please contact customer service for application guidelines for temperatures below 32 degrees F (0 degrees C). Maintain sealant at room temperature before application to ensure adequate tooling and adhesion. This product sets rapidly upon exposure to moisture.
- neutral cure will not promote metal corrosion
- adheres bonds to Kynar 500 PVDF coated metal
- solvent free 100% solids, will not shrink
- non slump apply vertically and overhead
- color stability good stability, will not suntan